Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pasta flowers and little shoes.

I've nearly made it to the end of my teaching practice. I finally feel like I've got a handle on things. I've stopped obsessing over my abilities and am actually enjoying most of my lessons. So much so that I applied for a couple of teaching jobs and have interviews on Monday and Thursday. Wish me luck.


I have also found a bit of time to knit. I started knitting and joining hexagons based on a pattern from Knitting Nature. I felt that the pattern worked well with this handspun, naturally died yarn. The three shades are all created using onion skins. I bought the yarn last year from WoolFest and have been wondering what to do with it ever since. I think it will probably turn into a cushion cover.

hexagons in handspun


I have also been knitting some baby shoes. I've been messing about with the guage to get different sizes. The small ones are really too small for anything but a premature baby or a doll. They'd make a cute ornament though. Just need to find some buttons.

little shoes


After knitting today Graeme and I had some lovely sushi for lunch. I couldn't resist these flower shaped pastas in the oriental supermarket. I think I might put some in a salad for lunch next week.

pasta flowers

Not much knitting going on this evening as I managed to slice a chunk out of the end of my index finger, while cutting up veges for dinner. Not having a great weekend in that respect. Missed King Creosote last night, because I had an asthma attack before the support had finished, and had to come home (and bring poor Graeme with me). Can't remember ever feeling that bad before. It wasn't great.

I'm not going to make any remarks about moving house because I don't want to jinx it. Slightly worried that I still haven't manage to pack anything more than this little lot, from a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we'll get some done tomorrow.
packing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah - good luck with the interviews!