Monday, June 01, 2009

Wedding Number 3

This weekend saw us attending our third and final wedding of the year, unless someone is going to surprise us at the last minute. Despite planning to be there in plenty of time, we managed to totally miss the ceremony and spent the time sat on the M1 instead, which then closed, due to an accident. After an interesting, map-less detour we eventually managed to get back on track and arrived at the reception just before the rest of the guests. This was the scene that greeted us.

This later became our supper.

The weather was amazing. We had a relaxed Pimms reception in a garden, overlooking Rutland Water. The weather was possibly the best of any wedding I've been too. It was great to see many of my Leicester friends again.

Jonny and Emma both looked very happy, although as usual I completely failed to take any decent photos of them. This was the only one I managed, and unfortunately the back of someone else's head features almost as highly.

The nice thing about this wedding was that there was plenty of everything to go round and many of the guests really appreciated the ample supply of wine, however unfortunately I was not able to be one of them. There was a fantastic cheesy disco with a live band. Sadly jumping up and down with a bump turned out not to be very sensible so I only danced a couple.

Thanks to Emma and Jonny and their families for their wonderful hospitality.

No comments: