I've been pretty rubbish at writing on here recently. Mainly because I feel a bit like noone really reads it any more and also because I haven't made much I care to share. However here is the bean bag chair I sewed from a 2nd hand pair of curtains a couple of weeks ago. I'm really quite proud of it. I made up the pattern to match Jacob's measurements and it turned out to be a good fit. I had real trouble getting the beans and ended up ordering them from the web.

Jacob seems happy with the results, although he refused to look directly at the camera for me to take a photo. Lesson learned from this project - filling a bean bag is a 2 person job, unless you want to spend your evening picking polystyrene balls off the floor.
3 comments:
It's amazing how sometimes the simplest things are a nightmare to source anywhere but online. I was trying to get some supersize bulldog clips (which are useful for quilting) and stupidly thought I'd support a local stationary shop rather than just go online. Two and a half months after ordering I finally chase them up about it 'oh, we can't get them' they say, but they never thought to call and tell me!
Anyway, I'm still reading!
I felt like a right idiot picking them up from the sorting office. The man had trouble squeezing the bag through the little window.
I'm still reading too, and I think Jacob's Bean Bag is AMAZING. I am seriously impressed. Well done!
Post a Comment