Monday, September 04, 2006

Faffy Faff Faff

It's my last week in Leicester this week. I'm sitting at my desk, surrounded by half packed boxes. I keep trying to contact the education office in Newcastle, who said they'd get back to me in 10 minutes 2 hours ago, to find out whether I am going to be able to do my primary school placement next week. I still don't know whether I'll actually be doing the PGCE because I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I'm going to be interviewed for a research job I applied for. I just had to call up the people supplying my new laptop and remind them that it needed to be delivered to me. They said it would be here last week, and despite making some excuse, it seems that they just forgot to deliver. Probably more to do with the fact that the guy I talked to on the phone when ordering seemed more intent on giving me the hard sell, rather than actually lisening to what I said. Why do people insist on trying to sell you things which you've already decided to buy? All it does is put me off. I still need to arrange with my land lady when I am leaving my flat and cancel all my utilities. All in all it's not the most relaxing Monday ever.


We were planning to go camping over the weekend, but I decided that I just couldn't face it in the end, what with everything else I had to do. We thought we'd just go for a long walk instead, but when we got up on Saturday morning and saw that it was raining hard and was forecast to do so for the rest of the weekend, we decided to give up on the whole thing. I'm not too much of a wuss when it comes to rain. I've done my fair share of eating sandwhiches, while sheltering from driving rain in ditches behind walls, but it just seemed to take the fun out of the whole thing. Instead we decided to start decorating the flat so we can think about selling it. So we had a trip to B&Q, which is always fun, and then set about painting all the wood/metal work in the hall, which there's quite a lot of. The emulsion will have to wait until next weekend. I still keep finding paint on my arms and things, despite having two showers.


All this activity meant that I didn't get that much knitting done over the weekend. I finally got a ball of matching alpaca silk, so I did some work on my ruflette ruffle, and started knitting up my KoolAid dyed sock yarn.
All dried and wound upKnitted up
I quite like the colour (sorry about the crap picture). I started knitting some lacey socks, but I just can't seem to convince myself that I or anyone I know would actually wear them. I also think they look wrong in the patterned yarn. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

Hmmmm, my experience of lacy socks thus far is that they tend to look better in solid colours, why not cast on some simple plain socks in your jazzy yarn, it might look totally different when you try that....

Lucy said...

That looks so nice knitted up. Jaywalker is a cool pattern for multicoloured yarns.

Anonymous said...

I second teh Jaywalker suggestion, great pattern for variegated yarn. Lace looks best in solids.