Friday, December 29, 2006

We did go for our walk on the beach, following my last post, and this is what we found. A covering of ice. Part of the beach were totally frozen and the sand was hard to walk on. There was a definite high tide mark, where the salt water had melted the ice. I've never seen a beach covered in ice before. It was weird.
High water mark
Further along where the river gets to the beach, a lake had formed, which was covered in ice. Here is proof that it is possible for mere mortals to walk on water.
Graeme walks on water

The kids loved the things I'd knitted them. Here is Jamie sporting his digger jumper. You might notice that it has already been christened with snot and christmas dinner. A sure sign of acceptance.
Jamie christens his digger jumper with snot and christmas dinner

The new camera G bought me is fantastic. Here are some snaps of the socks I knitted over Christmas

Xmas socks - 1
Xmas socks - 2
Xmas socks 3


And the jumper I've been knitting:
New sweater

We've now had a bit of a change of location and weather. G and I are both suffering somewhat with colds and are doing our best to support the UK tissue industry. Tomorrow we're seeing some of my relatives, including my little/big bro. Better get that third pair of socks knitted so I can concentrate on some urgent birthday knitting that needs doing on the same set of needles.

Thanks for all your kind comments. Hope you're having fab hols.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect excuse to invest in some new needles if you ask me. Are the grey socks made from the Colinette Jitterbug? What yarn did you use for the blue socks?

PURLPOWER said...

yes i encountered my first frozen beach here in the North East two years ago, up near Druridge bay. I don't know if it happens in other parts of the UK but I ain't never seen it nowhere else but here. It's well weird.