Sunday, February 11, 2007

Behind

I feel that I am once again behind in my posting. At the start of last week I was intending to write a nice post about last weekend. Firstly, about my friend Lee's surprise birthday party. Here he is cutting his cake:
Lee Cutting Cake
It is the first time I have ever been to a surprise party and I must say that torturing Lee all day by pretending we didn't care about his birthday, refusing to go for a drink, and then hiding in his living room with party food, drink, balloons and a lit birthday cake was endlessly amusing. I think he enjoyed himself too, after chastising everyone for being mean.

Secondly, about my cousin Tracy's wedding in Sheffield last Saturday. Tracy and Steve have been together for about 12 years and home only just got round to tying the knot. Here they are cutting the cake.
Tracy and Steve Cutting Cake Too
I was feeling fairly lazy during the evening so I gave my camera to my willing sister-in-law-to-be, Michelle, who took some good photos. I also now have a large collection of close-up photos of my brother. For example:
My 'Little' Brother

I have several reasons for not getting round to posting earlier. I somehow seem to have ruined my camera batteries, which now only work for about 2 minutes, even after charging. I still haven't managed to get all of my photos off there. I was in school all week last week, and after weeks of being apathetic I finally feel motivated (or petrified) enough to actually do some work. We also had our house valued, which meant lots of cleaning and we went to view a couple of other houses yesterday.

Finally, I have a job interview tomorrow, which is scaring me most of all, and will be taking up a lot of today in preparation. I only found out about the interview on Wednesday evening. It hasn't done much for my sleep patterns, or general sanity over the last few days. I need to keep reminding myself that it's not that important. In 36 hours it will be over. Can't wait.

There would have been some knitting content to this post, but I'll save it for when I can extract the photos from my camera.

P.S. I just wanted to point out that it has finally stopped raining, for what I think is the first time since Friday evening. We are snow-free and very wet.

2 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

Good luck for the job interview!

Anonymous said...

Hope the interview went well! Lunch???