Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Knitting and Fridges

Finally some knitting to post. I finished this hat last weekend, but only got around to blocking it and posting it on Thursday/Friday last week. I knitted it for Dawn, who is in the middle of several rounds of chemotherapy and is also experimenting with a range of interesting head gear (I recommend having a look at her recent blog post). It's Shedir, from Knitty's breast cancer issue, in 100% cashmere (from here). It's easily the softest yarn I have ever worked with.
Shedir
Shedir

I finally got around to making a little skirt for my ballerina bunny yesterday. She's now waiting to be taken to the post office. Here she is limbering up.
Ballerina Bunny limbering up

In answer to GourdonGirl's post here are a couple of photos of our fridge. I didn't take the bottom half because it's empty. Mostly it's postcards, but there are some stickers (these are Graeme's, he's very selective) and some magnets (Korean Ladies and some I made). Not particularly interesting, but we've only had this fridge a couple of years.
Fridge Front
Fridge Side

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Buttercup!

Haaaaaaan? How do you make knitted stuff work? I knitted a wool hat but it's too big and a little bit lumpy and I want it to go smaller and into the right shape. The stitch & bitch book says warm water & wool detergent, and then just shape it and dry it how you want it. Is that right? Waaaaaaaaa.

gourdongirl said...

gI love that pattern for the hat. Your rabbit is cute as well.

Thyank you for posting pix of your fridge to satisfy my curiosity!

BTW: I'm feeling much better now, thankx for the thoughts etc.

PURLPOWER said...

That hat really is beautiful you know.

Me said...

I can confirm that the hat is sooooooooooo soft and has become my favorite hat to wear around the house (when I am not walking around bald head on proud show like Britney... or should that be Britney is now bald having taken style advice from me!). I almost forget I am wearing it, it fits so snug. Thank you very much han!
Dawn xx