
Pinkphish and I went halfies on some natural dyes, so I bought some undyed sock yarn and lace weight to play with.
Some wool/silk/ramie sock yarn from Knitting4Fun.
Pretty roving from Wingham Wool Work
A small amount of Wensleydale Fibre
Some vanilla flavoured British Sheep fleece, which I brought for £1 to practice with. It is now washed and I am part way through carding it.
It was unfortunate that a couple of friends of mine popped round when I was soaking it (following instructions I was given by the lady on the stall). It's hard to explain to muggles when you have an old washing up bowl full of brown pooey water in your kitchen sink and your house smells strongly of sheep.
I also bought a Blue Faced Leicester Fleece, which will probably get it's own post later. I was hoping the weather might improve so I could dry it in the sun on the lawn.
2 comments:
I forgot how lovely that roving from Wingham was- so pretty.
Love the new blog colours.
So have you spun all that fleece yet?
ooh new blog template? Looks good! Looks like you have plenty of fibre to kickstart your spinning habit. I look forward to seeing what you have spun up!
Post a Comment