Friday, August 24, 2007

fall out

Tomorrow we'll have been married for one week. All is running smoothly. I am enjoying married life. In fact it is relaxing to have a break from all that planning. I've been getting into planning for the new school term this week. I felt pretty miserable to be getting back to reality at the start of the week. Though my geeky side seems to be finding it's way to the surface. I just spent a contented 3 hours sitting in the sunshine reading about Rutherford scattering and partical physics.

When we got back from the wedding reception, before bed on Saturday night, at about 2.30 am, Graeme gave me a Luckenbooth brooch. It's a Scottish symbol of fidelity, traditionally given on the wedding day, worn by the bride and pinned to the christening shawl of the first child for luck. It was a lovely surprise. I was touched by the gift. However after 20 hours of being awake my brain had obviously given up, because I completely forgot about it for most of Sunday and therefore didn't show it to all my friends and family who were visiting. So here it is for you all to see.

Brooch

Another lovely gift we recieved this week was some flowers from Graeme's parents. It was a real surprised. In fact you might say I was as surprised as if I'd seen a 15" shell reflected from a piece of tissue paper (ha ha, sad physics joke).

Flowers from Graeme's Parents

Our wedding gifts from John Lewis were meant to be delivered today in one large delivery. Most of them have arrived, but it seems that some weren't brought out of the store in time to be loaded onto the truck this morning and so never made it here. I'm slightly dissapointed with Lewis' as they have been excellent so far, but after arranging a delivery window (1-6pm) it seems odd not to include all the gifts. The next window they can offer for delivery is in 3 weeks. Instead I have arranged to go and pick up the presents in person on Friday. Slightly irritating. However, the living room is still bursting with fantastic gifts. Thank you to everyone who bought us presents. All the Lewis' vouchers went together to buy the Dyson vacuum.

Wedding presents

On a knitting note, now I am free of wedding related knitting I decided to concentrate of making myself a few much needed jumpers. The first is this Linda cardigan from House of Hemp.

Linda Cardigan

No comments: