I got some fab gifts from family and friends. Thank you everyone. My parents got me a wool winder and swift for which I am very greatful. I love the simplicity of wool winders. I've wanted one for ages. I have to stop myself from winding all my skeins into balls.
At the weekend I had a small party with some good friends. It was lovely to spend time with people. I feel like work is sucking up so much of my time at the moment that I don't get time to enjoy my friends. Before people arrived I had a go at carving three rather large pumpkins. I decided to shun the traditional triangular eyes and pointy teeth and go for some more interesting designs. The results were mixed. The bat ended up with a hole much too large.
But the spider and the cat turned out very well I thought (if slightly wonky).
Dawn brought along a 4th
And Graeme decided to carve a turnip, for the sake of tradition (up until a few years ago we never had pumpkins available for Halloween in the UK). It certainly smelt the scariest out of the bunch.
Only 5 weeks and 3 school days till our school's Christmas holidays. Yey!






3 comments:
Happy birthday Han! Neat pumpkins! As a present, I pass on a crochet pattern recently sent to me by Kathryn McW. from Saskatoon - a pattern for a Happy Poo :oD love, slug
oops! Here's the URL:
http://puchitomato.livejournal.com/16545.html
I think your turnip looks sad.
Post a Comment