So far my new year's resolution is going quite well. I've been working less and I definitely feel better. It may mean that I have had a few mornings when I have had to run round like crazy, but my weekends and evenings have been much improved. 3 days spent on a course, Y9 exams and reports are seriously testing me this week. I nearly caved in this morning and did some marking, but I stayed strong. Tomorrow I will have to work but hopefully that will set me straight till half term.
Last Sunday Becca, Emily and I drove down to Wentworth in South Yorkshire to visit Wingham Wool Work. We met my mum there and had a lovely time pouring over the books and yarn in the shop and the three sheds full of fibre in a range of colours. We also had a look at their selection of wheels. I was so excited in fact that I forgot to take any pictures of us. 

I was especially happy to be on nearly-home turf. The owners were very welcoming and extremely tolerant of our endless browsing. I would definitely recommend a visit, whether you're a knitter or a spinner.
I made a few interesting purchases and manage to resist the urge to splash out on a folding Kromski wheel which seemed to overcome everyone else there. Photos to follow (when I get some daylight).
This was all followed by 3 days at the National Science Learning Centre in York playing with fun science experiments, then a couple of evenings spent playing with the Wii purchased by my husband. All in all I feel like I've had a rather self-indulgent week.
1 comment:
Sounds like a lovely time!
Post a Comment