Thursday, February 21, 2008

The fruits of my labours....

After a frosty, -6°C start on Tuesday morning Becca and I finally got going on constructing my raised beds in our back garden. We did one and dug the holes for 2 more. I made another by myself later that afternoon. This afternoon I completed the third and then managed to do the forth, with help from Graeme. It was a lot of effort but I am really pleased with the results. It isn't until you step back that you realise quite how sloping this area of the garden is. I'm really looking forward to being able to plant some vegetables in neat rows in a few weeks time.

Raised beds

Raised beds from affar

I also managed to finish and block the Fleur Cardigan from Miss Bea's Colours, which I've been knitting in Jeager Extra Fine Merino DK for my goddaughter, Millie. I like the way the flower pattern looked after blocking. I was a bit worried it was just going to end up looking a complete mess at first.

Fleur cardigan

I've really enjoyed my half term holiday. Last day tomorrow, then back to work. At least we're now half way through the academic year.

4 comments:

snaterkat said...

The beds look realy good. A bit like giants steps

Lucy said...

Lovely little cardi- really like the stitch pattern.

Unknown said...

Golly what a productive week you have had! I love the beds and can't wait to see them full of lovely things to eat :) And the cardie is delightful :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of your garden. I wish we had some soil to plant stuff in. I have to get my compost and seedlings fix at work. At least we have out little balcony which is more than most flats have.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9723796