I unballed this pair of socks this morning to find this! I was shocked. They seemed fine last time I wore them but somehow this happening while they were being washed and dried and I never even noticed till now. This may seem totally insignificant to most people but I haven't been knitting socks that long, and this is the first time any of my socks has developed a hole. I have a feeling this is going to be the first of many holes that will be appearing over the next few months. Fortunately I still have this yarn for this pair somewhere so I will be repairing this at the weekend.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Is it a moth hole?
Eeek that is a big hole. Maybe you snagged it on something without noticing. Darning is quite fun and at least your socks are considerate enough to wait until half-term before they need fixing.
I don't think it's a moth hole as it's not been long out of the wash.
I have noticed that the yarn of the other is quite thin around the heel, so it would probably be easy to catch it and break the thread.
Post a Comment