Saturday, August 09, 2008

FOs

So what did I knit while I was away? Not a great deal to be honest. It wasn't my most productive holiday knit-wise. I managed to finish these Hedera socks, using the pattern from Knitty and some merino sock yarn from Wingham Wool Work (who by the way have revamped their website so it's useable).

Hedera Socks Close Up

I bought some gorgeous Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in the John B colourway from the Knit and Pearl Boutique in Santa Barbara, which looked fabulous in the Californian sunshine. I must say that they look rather orange in the British gloom. There's some pink and green in there as well so it's not as bad as it looks. I decided to make a pair of Jaywalkers from the yarn and I am pleased with the way they show off the patterning, though I can't say I'm impressed with the fit.

Jaywalkers

Since coming home I've made a couple of other things for wedding presents which I won't show you just now. I also spent some time hand dying with Pinkphish and made this little hat one evening from some KoolAde dyed yarn. I'm not quite sure what to do with the finishing at the top as there's not much yarn left. I'll have to have a think.

Kool Ade Dyed Yarn Hat

My creativity has been experiencing a temporary hiatus while I turn my attention to decorating our bedroom. Because I've been painting the built-in cupboards all our clothes are piled in front of my stash and as I result I find myself unable to make anything without feeling slightly uncomfortable about it. Yes, I do know I'm weird. I've nearly finished now though and am planning to have a major stash organisation in the near future which should help me along.

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Both pairs of socks looking good. I've made a couple of pairs of Hederas now (not for me unfortunately) and really enjoy Cookie's sock patterns the most of any I have tried. Jaywalkers seem to divide people, fitwise, they really work for me but I know other people have had major problems with them due, I suppose, to the inelasticity of the fabric.

Thanks for the recent comment. You're quite right that it's possible to live a different sort of lifestyle in the UK. I think we just needed the distance that being away from 'home' provides in order to think about things a little differently.