Saturday, December 19, 2009

3 Months On

I've neglected my blog a big the last couple of months, mainly because I don't have much to say. Lift has settled into routine. Nothing much to report. Jacob is over 13lbs now and is tall/long for his age, but thin, which means his trousers fall down all the time. He's got good head control and enjoys the door bouncer, although he mostly looks serious when in it because he's concentrating on his feet.

nov09

He's started going to bed earlier, so I've managed to do a bit of knitting, although I'm often in bed early myself, because he hasn't stopped waking in the night to feed. I've managed to finish the pair of socks I started when my maternity leave began, and I've made a smaller pair for Jacob, so we can be matching mummy and baby. They're not quite right in shape. The heel is too pointy, but you never know these things unless you try. I'll do the next pair differently. Baby socks are definitely better at staying on than bootees.

mummy and baby socks

I've also knittied a tea cosy and a baby surprise jacket, but I've given them away already without taking photos. All in all I've not done bad, pretty much the same as when I was teaching, except that I don't get the holidays to sit and knit.

We're off to my parents for Christmas, and I've pretty much failed to give people in Newcastle the Christmas cards I've written to them, so I'll take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas one and all, and a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

srh said...

Merry Christmas!
The sock pic is very very cute :)
x