Sunday, January 03, 2010

Merry Christmas

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all. I've really enjoyed these Christmas holidays. I was getting quite weary before they started. It's been so good to have Graeme and other people around during the day. We took Jacob on his first trip away, to my parents' in Sheffield. I didn't get much sleep, but it was fun. He didn't seem to like the present opening. All the new toys were a bit overwhelming for him. The fairy lights went down much better.

DSCF2031

Jen leant us her Bumbo seat, which Sophie doesn't like at all. Jacob really likes being able to sit and look at things.

dec09 027

I completely failed to take photos of the couple of Christmas knits I did. Mainly tea cosies. I am nearly finished with another item of secret knitting and some tension squares for some piecework knitting I signed up for. I thought it might be something I could do at home when my contract runs out. So not much that's blogable on the knitting front, but I am actually getting time to do some.

We also have a good amount of snow. I don't think I've ever seen this much since living here. It's been consistently cold for a couple of weeks, so it's actually hanging around. It looks like it'll be here for another week at least. I know it's not much by North American standards, but here's our back garden.

Back Garden on New Year's Day

No comments: