Thursday, April 06, 2006

Emergency Vest

OK. So this is my emergency vest. I am very proud of it. I searched high and low for a top to match that skirt for a wedding I was going to and eventually knitted my own. It was kind of a last minute thing. I began it last Thursday at 10 pm and finished it on Saturday morning at 11 am. The wedding reception was at 7.30 pm and I had a million other things to do that day. I made the pattern up as I went along, which meant I could actually increase properly to accommodate my ample bosom. I think I might make some proper straps for it when I have a bit more time and yarn (I was running out by that point).


Emergency Vest


Some detail


Emergency vest detail


I think I might knit a few more things for myself, but next time I'll allow a bit more time. The lesson I learned from this is, if you know what you want then knit it yourself because the chances are noone will have done it for you.

No comments: