Saturday, April 08, 2006

Packing

Things to take on a weeks holiday:


1. Clothes, toiletries and other boring things


2. Books to read. This time it's The Shipping News to start off with and possibly something borrowed from Graeme's collection which I haven't chosen yet.


3. DVDs to watch (Howel's Moving Castle and The Joy Luck Club)


4. Completed pieces of and stuff to finish the clover leaf lace wrap cardigan from SnBN. Only 1.5 sleeves and the edging to go.


5. Terrible brown chunky knit cardigan I knitted over Christmas which turned out about 5 sizes too big and looks awful on me. I intend to pull it to bits, since no sane human being is ever going to wear it. The yarn is a pretty cheap wool, acrylic blend. I will either make a smaller skinny jumper that actually fits, or use it to make some cushion covers. I have come to the conclusion that chunky doesn't suit me.


6. Six skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in a lovely blue-green colour (forget the name). I might just sit and stroke it. I almost don't want to make anything from it in case I mess it up, because it's such lovely yarn. It makes me think of shallow sea or a calm lake on a lovely warm day.


7. Assorted needles and the usual knitting accessories.


8. 101 knitting stitches book (or whatever it's called) and other assorted knitting books for browsing and inspiration.


By the looks of it I am going to spend the entire week knitting. Maybe appropriate if the current weather is anything to go by. We're going to Beadnell on the Northumbria coast. I think there are a couple of wool shops in Alnwick so I can alwasy stock up if I run out. ;)


Meant to go down to the Cumberland Arms this afternoon and meet up with some of the North East knitters, but Graeme rang me to say that he's finished the work he needed to do, so it looks like we're going to set off early. By the time I'd have arrived the pub it would have been time to come back. Hopefully I'll make it another time.


I don't think I've been so excited about going on holiday for ages.

No comments: