Friday, September 01, 2006

My First Hand Dying

Inspired by Helen and Jen's efforts I decided to have a go at dying some undyed Opal sock yarn from Get Knitted. I used grape, pink lemonade and cherry. I was suprised how well it took the dye. I was expecting it to take ages of heating and soaking before the liquid went clear but it happened almost right away. It's still a bit wet. Can't wait to see what it looks like knitted. The photo doesn't really show the colours very well.
Kool Aid Dyed Sock Yarn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drying dyeing! Yay!

PURLPOWER said...

i love being an inspiration, take another pic when you have swatched it so we can see how it knits up won't you.

i love the pic of the glassses in the plum tree too - class!

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty combination, can't wait to see it dry.

The Yorkshireman in Question said...

It's to dye for :-)