Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Treats

What have I been doing with my week off, I hear you ask. Well the answer is pretty dull. I've been doing a bit of sewing (which is secret) and some present buying/wrapping (also secret). I've also spent some time in the kitchen making Christmas treats since both our set of parents are staying with us for Christmas. I iced the Christmas cake. I had to put icing stars all the way round because my icing covering was so uneven. I'm also annoyed with myself for placing the large star off centre. I was momentarily distracted while doing it and then it was too late. I think it looks OK. I can't quite decide whether to add some silver balls to the stars or not.

Christmas cake

I'm also quite proud of myself for making my own chocolate log, filling it with homemade cranberry sauce and icing it too. I'm still a little worried about how it will taste but I'll find out soon enough.

Yule Log

No comments: