The birds had a very good year. They got this lovely bird table, from my brother and his fiance, along with mountains of food (mmm meal worms). They're already using it although they fly off every time I get out my camera.
One of my favourite presents is this necklace from Graeme.
I managed to do some knitting. I finished my gloves.
I started a pair of Slippery Socks from Knitty in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino (Quarry Hill), that I bought at Windsor Button in Boston, MA.
I also spun some alpaca and started plying it.
I wanted to see how the yarn felt like to knit with so I started a thin, moss stitch scarf with it.
I'm still having a problem with overwinding the yarn when I am plying it, though my singles are coming out more evenly. I'm in serious need of some instruction from someone more experienced who spins with double drive. Because of the overwinding the scarf doesn't feel as soft as I would like. I'll keep experimenting until I get it right. Though I'm sure the new term will slow down my progress.
I hope you're all enjoying your Christmases out there. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!






2 comments:
Lovely necklace - what nice taste Graham has ;)
If you feel you've over (or under) plyed a yarn, you can run it back through the wheel to remove or add twist. It's a very quick thing to do and can rescue an unsatisfactory yarn.
Post a Comment