Friday, January 04, 2008

Shopping Bags

I did say before Christmas that I hadn't made many presents this Christmas. One thing I did make was a set of shopping bags, inspired by Kay and Amber's efforts (though not following the instructions), by a desire to use my neglected sewing machine, and by a rather nice Svalbard shopping bag bought for me by my mother-in-law. I'm quite proud of my efforts. They're quite sturdy. I was going to make some more but I managed to get my sewing machine jammed with the fur from the top of Christmas stockings. I'll get it sorted evenutally.

Flowers Bag Star Bag

Fern Bag Snowflake Bag

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are lovely!!

PURLPOWER said...

those bags look great. wish I could just get to grips with my sewing machine and enjoy it....still feels like a chore every time I try to do anything with it.

p.s. You had soooo much more snow that we did!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh they came out really great! Well done!