Thursday, July 06, 2006

Knitting Gears

I seem to have several speeds of knitting. Sometimes I knit very slowly and things take ages to get done. Sometimes if I push myself I can go really quickly. I think I have been knitting in 4th gear for the last couple of days. I finished Natalie's pink North Pole socks (I did 70% of the second one on the train yesterday).
North Pole Socks
Yes, one sock is a bit longer than the other. Only half a centimetre. I'm hoping this won't be a problem.


I also used this chunky brown stuff (It had no label but was from the bargin bin at knitting4fun at WoolFest)
Chunky chocolate brown wool
to make these secret things.
Secrets

And I finished the body part of Rufflette from MagKnits.
Rufflette Body
I'm knitting it in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, which I've been keeping for a while. I'm not sure it's the most suitable thing for the pattern. It's bulkier than it should be. Will look less so when blocked. I think I am going to have to go and buy a couple more balls because the body section used much more than I'd anticipated. It is lovely and soft though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling- this week I have been knitting in about 2nd gear, last week it was in 1st gear, and some weeks I'm fast asleep at the wheel.
I wish I could knit faster!!! I'll never use up my crazy stash!
Love those brown secret things.