Friday, July 14, 2006

Leicester Air Show

OK, the title is a bit of an exaggeration. I was walking back across the park at lunchtime to see a helicopter landing in front of me. It turned out to be an air ambulance. Natalie and I ended up getting our lunches and sitting on the park waiting to see if it would take off again. After some time an ambulance came and took away the patient that was inside. Then the crew sat and ate there lunch, waiting for their colleague to come back from the hospital. It proved to be of great interest to the graduates walking back from their ceremony. They kept stopping and having their pictures taken. They also let a few passing children sit in the cockpit.

We waited for ages for it to take off again, but eventually came back to work. We did hear it taking off a few moments ago, but I failed to get a picture of it (damn the complicated phone keylock).

Air ambulance with university behind
Air ambulance
Picking up the patient


People who've worked here a while say that this happens all the time and it's old hat, but I've been here 4 years and never seen it before.
For more see Google.

No comments: