Thursday, November 02, 2006

This week feels like it's going on forever. I'm so glad it's Thurday. I teach in the day and when I'm not teaching I'm talking about teaching or thinking about teaching. In the evening I'm preparing my lessons and then at night I dream about them. The only knitting I've done was on Tuesday at the Forth and then I was so tired I made a mistake, pulled out everything I'd knitted and had to pick the stitches up again. I ended up only doing couple of rounds total knitting. I can't wait for the end of Friday so I can come home, go to the pub, get all my teaching gripes out of my system and have Saturday off!!!


On a different note I went to the Forth on Tuesday to see Rachel Henderson (as advertised by PurlPower). It was meant to start at 6. I was late back from school (staff meetings and traffic, grrrr....). I got their about 6.30pm and there was a group of 7 people. Two regulars and 4 people I hadn't met before. The 7th I recognised as Rachel from the cover photos on her books, though she never introduced herself. After a while 4/5 more knitters arrived (including Sarah). The coffee table was covered in yarn and books though I wasn't sure whether they were for sale or use??? Rachel appeared to have lots to talk to people about on her phone. I sat their for a hour, making a mess of my knitting. At 7.30 I had to leave because Graeme was cooking me birthday tea. In that hour Rachel had moved seats but nothing appeared to happen. I put some money in her charity tins, announced to everyone there that we'd be there again next tuesday from 7 if they wanted to come and left.

I don't really understand what was supposed to be happened. I thought she was going to give a talk, or demonstrate something and take photos for her book. None of that happened while I was there. Did I miss it by leaving early? If anyone stayed and something exciting happened later can you let me know. I must admit that I was disappointed by the whole thing and sort of wished I'd stayed at home to open my presents instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She left shortly after 8pm so you didn't miss anything really, though she did leave some random balls of partially used yarn as freebies - all chunky weight Rowan yarns. I was a bit taken aback at first by all the unfamiliar faces until I worked out a few were the students who occasionally show up and a few more were from the Centurion group. Lindsey who did the felting course with PP, Glittr and a few more of us was lurking in the corner, though I didn't spot her until she got up to leave, and I think another two were from the Knitting and Crochet Guild.

I have to say it also seemed more smokey up there than usual and the lighting was bad enough that I had trouble keeping track of my knitting. Not the experience I was expecting to be honest, but I suspect she was anticipating more knitting newbies to interact with.

The Knit Nurse said...

hmmmm... I would have quite liked to have a chat with her, but she never seemed to want to join in. maybe I should have been a bit more pushy but I was expecting her to lead the group and didn't want to interfere.

Enrico Arnone said...

Ciao knit nurse!

I tried to write you a few times but I guess you don't use your ion email anymore...

Drop me a line when you can!

Greetings from -25 Sodankyla!
Enrico