I've nearly made it to Easter. Just three more teaching days and an admin day at school to go. I feel like I've run a marathon already and I am only at the half way point. Fortunately I seem to have relaxed a little. One effect of this is that I am sleeping a lot better and have stopped loosing weight (Wonder how long it'll be before I can no longer fit into my small sized jeans again). The other effect is that I am now feeling more and more like procrastinating instead of getting on with work. Must focus properly on what I am doing. Good to feel like myself again either way.
I've finished another little sweater, in a third of the time it took to do the other one. It's no masterpiece, but I am very pleased with the little flower buttons that I bought in Lewis' on Friday afternoon. 

One thing that put a dampner on my good mood yesterday was stepping out of my front door to find that that large (~50cm diameter), ceramic pot of dafodils that I had sitting in my front yard had disappeared. This feels like something of a mystery. I can't imagine anyone getting that far with it on foot. It wasn't light. I've scouted around the neighbourhood and can't see any sign of it (whole of broken). That probably means that someone has gone out of their way to actually steel it. I am quite angry about this, but at least it wasn't an expensive thing. The bulbs are last years and the pot was cheap.
My only hope is that it was a drunken student prank and they will bring it back at some point, instead of letting it fester in their yard. At the end of the day though, steeling is steeling.
2 comments:
Last year my tulips lasted exactly 3 hours before someone picked them. Bastardos.
I hope who ever took your daffs has a very bad back now. Love the little jumper with the red flowers- the buttons match perfectly. Glad you are feeling a bit less stressed.
Post a Comment