
On Sunday I went with the other half of my Dad's family to the christening of little Millie. I performed my godmotherly duties without embarassing myself (I don't know why I was so nervous about just standing there). I even managed not to collapse into giggles while one of the older members of the congregation was warbelling out a hymn noone else knew, during communion. Afterwards we all went to the Forum for another barbecue (got to make the most of the Summer while it lasts.). As you might expect at a Christening there were an awful lot of pregnant women and babies there. Hope it's not catching. 
Sorry if you're sick of hearing about this by now, but I finally finished the cardigan. In time to be blocked, dried and wrapped before the christening. I don't think I've been so pleased to get something finished in a long time. It will be so nice to work on something else. 
Today is Becca's birthday. Happy Birthday Becca. So we get to go out for a pleasant meal this evening. Tomorrow we're back to entertaining family. Graeme's brother and family are coming to stay. Hopefully that'll mean getting to use up some of the 5000 plums my mum and dad gave us.
No comments:
Post a Comment