Friday, August 18, 2006

Summer Fruits Cake

I promised to make cake yesterday and bring it to work. We've had coffee-time treats almost every day this week. I wanted to use up ingredients that I had in my flat but do something a bit different. So I made a standard victoria sponge cake mix (4 eggs quantity) and chucked in most of a packet of defrosted frozen Summer fruits. I think it turned out rather well considering I didn't have anything to measure amounts in or any recipe books and had to guess. I also didn't know what temperature I was suppsed to cook it at, because I only work in gas marks, so I guessed at 170° C. It ended up being in the oven for 2 hours in total before it was cooked in the middle. I think if I make another one I'll stick to a smaller quantity. I hope people like it.
Summer Fruits Cake

No comments: