I feel better now I've got that out of my system. I had a lovely weekend in North Yorkshire at my friends' wedding. It was a really relaxed doo in a marquet, outside a B+B on an farm. We had a hog and lamb roast (haloumi cheese for the veges), followed by some lovely local cheese and cake. There was a free bar with local ales on tap, and lots of wine too. Once the serving staff had left we all got to have a go at pulling our own pints. We danced the night away (well we danced till about 2am), before getting delivered back to out cosy B&B. Even the weather behaved itself and it didn't rain until about 11 pm.
Leicester drunks:
I think it's probably the most enjoyable wedding I've been to in a long time. I really enjoyed having a proper dance. There were no people dancing properly (i.e. with proper steps etc.), so we were all free to flail our arms around, bang our heads or indie shuffle as approriate. We were all a little bit worse for wear yesterday morning (some more so than others) and we had slow, lazy journey back to Leicester. I hope the happy couple are having a fab time on their honeymoon.
In knitting news, I'm part way through knitting a pair of Broadstreet mittens (i.e. fingerless gloves with a mitten flap) in Regia 6 ply. I'm doing them on 2.5 mm DPNs because I wanted them a bit smaller than the pattern suggested. 
I've wanted to do some gloves for ages. There's something really pleasing about making them that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's because they're so fiddly.
When I came in this morning I found a little parcel on my desk with this lovely choker in it, made for me by my officemate Natalie (of the North Pole Socks fame). It's from the Asphyxiation pattern from the Anticraft. It's so lovely to have something made for me, especially something so beautiful. Thanks very much Natalie. 
I'll take a picture of it tonight when I am wearing something more appropriate.
4 comments:
Hiya Hannah.
I read your blog! I can't get my brain or computer to function enough to update my blog at the mo, but I'm still quietly stalking everyone else!
Love those mittens and the choker.
Well I read your blog for the purpose of monitoring your knitting activities and there are lots of us reet behind you lady.
That wedding looks pure gorgeousness. I love the idea of the local ales on tap. Oh yes. Love that idea.
I think you made the right decision to do those gloves a wee bit smaller. They look huge on the pattern picture. I made my first gloves last year and I loved it, I loved trying them on every two minutes while I was knitting them too. They seemed to knit up surprisingly quickly.
That choker is gorgeous. I want one.
Post a Comment