Sunday, October 01, 2006

A giant leap for rabbit kind

Here's my first finished rabbit.

Rabbit Number 1

There was a pattern for making a little jumper for it, but I'm not sure I like the look of a roll neck on a rabbit. As Graeme said, the rabbit looks better naked.

Rabbit in Jumper


The felted bag came out quite well, although I made a bit of a miscalculation with the handle. I was intending to use a couple of rings and attach another piece, once I'd got an idea of the shrinking during felting, but the handle sections curled up so much that I'm not sure I'll be able to fold them over and put a rivet through properly. The bag started off 26 cm wide and 24 cm tall and is now 19 cm wide and 16 cm tall. It was even smaller when it first came out of the machine, but I stretched it out to a more reasonable size.
Felted bag

I need to line the bag. I think I'll have to force myself to do it next weekend. I have a big backlog of sewing jobs to do. Must get on with them properly.

4 comments:

The Yorkshireman in Question said...

One small step for a Han... Did you know I didn't know these last few entries existed. My browser at work must have just showed me a cached version for ages. Anyway, I agree with Graeme, the rabbit looks better in the buff.

Flossie in Stitches said...

I LOVE the bunny! Very very cute. What yarn did you use?

Ring-a-Rosie is a lovely shop isn't it. I fell in love with all the quilting fabrics and next time I'm in Newcastle I'm going to buy fabrics for a quilt. Very exciting!

The Knit Nurse said...

It's Rowan Tweed aran weight. I'm planning to try out some different yarns with the pattern though.

Anonymous said...

Love the rabbit and personally I rather like the jumper. Where did you find the pattern?