I made Mum a shawl for her birthday. I'm not very good at lying, especially to my mum, so it's been quite a struggle not to accidentally mention it to her on the phone or write about it here by mistake. Instead I had to make up things about what I was knitting/crocheting at the moment.
Here's the shawl anyway. It's from a Rowan book. It's supposed to be done in cashsoft but Mum prefers cotton, so I did this in Rowan Cotton Glace. I ended up using 1.5 times as many skeins as the pattern suggested.
Modelled by me here (I wish I had done my hair before taking this picture)
I could rant about my seven hour train journey from Newcastle to Leicester yesterday but I'll spare you all. I would just like to say that I hope the git who works for GNER at Peterborough station, who told me to get on the wrong train yesterday stands in a big pile of dog poo on his way to work.
1 comment:
That is a gorgeous shawl! It's actually making me think I should re-learn crochet. Especially for summer things!
Post a Comment