Saturday, June 24, 2006

Is it too early.....

...to start knitting for Christmas? I've been mulling over this for some time now. I have a few projects in mind that will become Christmas presents for family and friends. It seems a bit over the top to be thinking about Christmas presents in June. But I don't want to end up being majorly stressed just before Christmas, as happened a couple of years ago. I think I will start now and try and get some things out of the way. It also means I can give each item my full attention, instead of trying to do 12 things at once. I took advantage of the Fenwicks sale a bought some supplies. I can't say what I am planning to make but here's a teaser.
New Yarn


I started a cardigan for myself this week (Ruffles from Magknits) in the Alpaca Silk I bought before Easter. It's not really the right yarn for the pattern but I think it looks quite good. I'll see how it turns out. I made a slight mistake on one side near the start, but hopefully the trim will disguise that. As I found out from doing my tensions square, this yarn is very difficult to frog. I thought it was better to leave the error than mess up the entire thing.

Cardigan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could've told you the yarn was a bitch to frog. I had to do that once and the yarn looked so ugly afterwards. It knitted up again okay but the frogging took at least an hour for one ball due to it tangling up on itself.

Still, it's damn soft for wristwarmers.

PURLPOWER said...

it is never too early to start knitting for christmas!