
I started the second one right away and I'm making reasonably good progress. I decided it was too hot to knit the poncho so it's been getting lots of attention. This morning I ordered more sock yarn from Angel Yarns so I can knit some more. I also ordered some sari silk to see what it was like. Thought it might be cooler for summer knitting and I've been wondering about it for a while. Quite excited about it.
Recently a couple of people who've seen what I've knitted have asked me to knit things for them. They've offered to pay me for it. I don't think I could ever feel comfortable asking a friend for the amount of money that would cover the time spent knitting. It would not be worth paying that much for the item in question anyway. I've come to the conclusion that people don't really understand what they're asking of me. I feel bad refusing, but I do it for pleasure and out of love for the people I knit things for. I don't want to start to resent it because I'm working on things I'm not interested in. I might eventually do a couple of the things I've been asked for, but I'm not working to anyone else's demands.
I feel a bit selfish now for writing that. I usually don't mind going out of my way to do things for other people, but it is a big things to ask. I hope people don't read this and think I've said 'no' to them because I don't value their friendship as much as other people's. It's not that at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment