Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mini tents and socks

Stitch'n'Bitch Leicester was quite good fun last night. I'm sure I'll go along again. I felt a bit like I was cheating on the lovely knitters from the Forth (Newcastle). Well, you know what they say, if it's a different area code it doesn't count.


The highlight of the evening for me was Natalie and I spotting this small tent in the window of Canyon Mountainsport.

Small tent again

Natalie is standing next to it for scale. I suspect it is just a display item, but we did spend quite a while discussing what it could be used for (Cat camping, food store, borrowers...?). Maybe this shows me in a slightly insane light, but I am a big fan of miniature, oversized versions of things. I like the gianty/hobbity feeling I get from it.


After that I popped over to Jonny and Emma's for a chat and a huge glass of Merlot. For some reason when I got home it then seemed like a good idea to take a picture of me modelling my nearly finished first sock. All I can say is that it's amazing how much progress can be made when you're stuck on public transport for 7 hours.
Sock progress

Turning the heel was OK but it's not as good as I would have like. There are a couple of holes because I knitted too loose on the edges of the beginning of the heal flap. Not that noticable though and their only for me. I suspect the second one will turn out better. Now I have to start thinking about the toe. Anyone know how far down the foot I should knit before I start the shaping?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blythe tent!!!

Seriously if they are getting rid - hoy it my way - great photo opps for the girls!!!